YAML is used widely across the software world in all kinds of scenarios. Being just a serialization specification, it can be used with any programming language or framework. It’s readability makes it a popular choice for things like configuration files and low-code frameworks. You will come across YAML in some major technologies and tools:
- Docker Compose uses a YAML file to define multi-container applications.
- Buildkite uses a YAML file to define CI/CD pipeline steps.
- Kubernetes Helm Charts are written in YAML format.
- OpenAPI (Swagger) lets you define API documentation with YAML.
- Ansible Playbooks define complex deploy procedures in YAML.
- AWS lets you define stacks in YAML.
- Jenkins lets you define jobs/pipelines in YAML.
- Many m